Vientiane - Laos

Next stop, Vientiane and it's bloody freezing. We just left a country that was like being on the surface of the sun, only to disembark the plane and discover it's 16 degrees! WTF. Everyone poo-pooed me, but luckily I packed my ski thermal which was quickly thrown on last night..... Bummer that I didn't bring my beanie.
Before I tell you about Laos I need to impart some valuable knowledge I learned regarding Cambodia.
1. It's fucking hot!
2. It's extremely dirty and dusty.
3. They love to celebrate everything and anything. In fact they have 32 public holidays per year! Nice one.
4. They play very loud music when they are celebrating. Whenever there is a funeral or wedding the music must be played at an ear splitting level for 1 to 7 days. Yes folks not just a couple of hours, days and days and days. We could even hear it while on the boat on the Mekong.....
5. We had to fly to Laos to escape the music.
So back to Vientiane, which is so very quiet. We all emerged from our hotel this morning not looking so homeless. In fact I even washed my thongs in the shower and then dried them with the hair dryer. We are now a group of 6 rather than 4, we picked up 2 elderly people we felt sorry for..... LOL To the temples and beyond!
          View from our hotel room. When we were looking at the reclining Budda Tom asked who the Shelia was - OMG
Ian and Dad ready for a big night!
The night markets along the Mekong.

No comments:

Post a Comment