Nong Khiaw

OK, so I don't think I'm a mountain bike type of girl. I'm more of a sitting in an air conditioned car looking out of the window type of girl. The guide voiced his concerns yesterday, stating that "it was very hard tour", "must be very fit". I've done Tough Mudder, climbed Adams Peak in Sri Lanka, walked across the top of Ayers Rock, surely this couldn't be too difficult. I was wrong, he was right. I now understand why they call the villages 'hill tribes' - Fuck me! We went up, we went down, then we went back up again...... The roads were all clay and very slippery. I pushed the bike up most of the hills and even down some. This was because I thought I might die as the bike kept skidding. These hills weren't normal hills, they were practically vertical and there was no end in sight. At one stage, after one particularly monstrous hill, Emily declared she was done and lay spread eagled in the middle of the road LOL. Dad also thought it incredibly humorous when a herd of cows decided to chase me - that was about the only time I peddled up a hill, I rode that bike like the friggin wind with dads laughter following...
Unfortunately while riding I couldn't articulate how amazing the hill tribes were, due to the fact I had little to no air left in my lungs.
View over the rice paddies...
The awesome foursome.....LOL
The kids chased Tom around and around, it was lovely to watch. He looked like a giant.

After riding for 4 hours we then hoped on a boat to undertake part 2 of the day.... A 3 hour hike to the waterfall.
Yep, not exactly an easy hike either.
 After the biking and hiking you could also kayak for 2 hours back to Nong Khiaw, WTF. Mum and dad lasted 20 minutes as their kayak started to sink LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment